Our Commitment to Privacy
The CDC Foundation (the “Foundation,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) respects the privacy of every individual who visits vaccineresourcehub.org and other CDC Foundation platforms. Because your privacy is important to us, we provide you with notice and choices about the collection and use of your information. To make this notice easy to find, links are provided at the bottom of our homepage and on every page within our website. By visiting the Foundation, vacccineresourcehub.org, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect
We collect two types of information:
- Standard web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, browser information and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files. This type of information is shared externally only on an aggregated basis.
- Personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. If you request information or establish a username or login, you would provide your name and email at this time. That would be the only personal information being requested from our site.
Voluntary Disclosure of Personal Information
Public Forums: If you choose to participate in a blog, discussion board, newsgroup or another public forum that we make available to our users, please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding whether or not to disclose your personal information.
We limit the use of information provided to us to the following:
- If you provide personal information, we may enter your name into our constituent database and contact you in order to:
- Complete voluntary assessments seeking feedback for quality and service improvement purposes.
- Supply you with information including news related to CDC or public health, CDC Foundation or Partnering for Vaccine Equity – Resource Hub programs, events and announcements.
- We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us by email. Inquiries may be forwarded to the appropriate department for response and may be entered into our constituent database. If your name is entered into the database, we may contact you (see (1) above).
Unless required in our founding legislation or by law, your personal information will not be shared, sold, or released to any organization or business entity other than those affiliated with or working in conjunction with the Foundation. We use the following third parties to provide you with the following services:
You Control Your Data
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict internal and external sharing of your personal information. We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and we offer the following options:
- Do not contact me by email.
- Do not contact me.
To inform us of any desired restrictions, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. You may also click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of a Partnering for Vaccine Equity – Resource Hub email to remove your address from our email list. All reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that your contact preferences are honored.
Please contact us by email to report changes to your contact information. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing information or making corrections.
All communications are in accordance with the CAN SPAM act and other relevant law.
Special Considerations for Citizens of the European Union
If you are from the European Union and related territories, you have the following rights as it relates to your personal data:
- Access. EEA and Swiss citizens have the right to obtain information about the processing of personal data and a copy of their personal data that the CDC Foundation stores.
- Right to rectify. EEA and Swiss citizens have the right to request that CDC FOUNDATION update EEA Swiss citizen’s personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to request data erasure. EEA and Swiss citizens have the right to have their personal information erased from CDC FOUNDATION files if 1.) The data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected 2.) EEA & Swiss citizens withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists 3.) EEA & Swiss citizens believe their fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- Right to restrict or object to our processing. EEA and Swiss citizens have the right to restrict or object to our processing if the CDC FOUNDATION processes their data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using EEA and Swiss citizens’ data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing their data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
The right to lodge a complaint. EEA and Swiss citizens have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with their country specific data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83
Residents of California may request information regarding the disclosure of their personal information to third parties. The CDC Foundation does not transfer personal data to third parties.
Children (16 and Under)
The CDC Foundation does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please talk to an adult before supplying any personal information.
The CDC Foundation takes measures to maintain the security of personal information as it is provided by our stakeholders. Regardless, no internet based data transfer is completely secure. If you have any questions about the protection of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.